Thursday, June 12, 2014

Where is Burundi!?

The Basics 

So, next year I will be serving with the Young Adult Service Corps in Burundi, East Africa. 

To answer some questions: 
- I don't have a date yet. 
- Yes, it's really a year. 
- Yup, got my shots! 
- You're right, the internet probably will suck and this may be my only blog post as a result. 
- They do not speak English in Burundi, but they do speak French. 
- I am the only one from YASC going to Burundi, but not alone in spirit, right?

Besides that, I'm basically about as clueless as anyone about the coming year. 

Burundi is a small country south of Rwanda in East Africa. It borders Rwanda, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and Lake Tanganyika. 


Sunday I am traveling to New York to the orientation for this year's YASCers traveling all over the Anglican Communion and the world alongside me this year. 

More to come as I figure it out! :)

P.S. If you want to know how you can support me through my year of service, click on the tab at the top of the page labeled 'Support' to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment